Blitz SBC problems, Help needed!!!!!

keithg

Hi people, I've managed to get to my SBC fitted but Im having a few problems with it now.
The car comes on boost well enough in like 1st & 2nd gear but when I shift to 3rd or 4th the boost drops down to 0.7 bar from 1 bar and it doesnt go back up to 1 bar even with the pedal on the floor. Its ok if Im in 4th gear at low revs and the boost comes on from 0 to 1 bar but I cant keep doing this all the time.
Does anyone know how to set these things up properly either on auto or manual setting, I've had a look at the instructions but its not really making any sense to me.

Currently my settings and results are:

Auto 1bar setting with 60-80% gain the car only peaks at 0.7 bar.
Manual 85% setting with 67% gain and the car peaks at 1.1bar but with the problems that are listed above.

Regards Keith. 8)

N

Norfy

your gain appears to be too high.

leave it on manual setting, and set the gain to around 20%

i had mine on 50% gain @ 1 bar before, and the boost used to fluctuate at full chat. this was cos i had the gain too high.

try turning it down

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

my gain is set at 23 % at 1.2 and runs smooth and true

keithg

Hi ppl, managed to fiddle around with the setting a wee bit, set the gain @ 29% and seemed to run fine, untill one of the intercooler pipes blew off :roll: but thats the car away into Dastek now to have a piggy back ecu fitted and mapped so I should be able to let you's know in a day or two what sort of power she's pushing and at what sort of boost levels.