blowing oil everywhere!

keastygtir

Help!!

I recently changed the breather system on my car. PCV valve blocked all throttle body holes blocked, with a catch can attached to the T piece from the rocker cover and blocked the other one. The separator has been removed and the sump drain back blocked.

I noticed that there was lots of vapour coming from the catch can breather and I read somewhere on here that the sump should be vented.

I thought that the amount of vapour was the result of excessive blowby. However I vented the sump drain and went for a drive where it spat oil everywhere out of the sump drain tube.

My first thoughts are head gasket or rings, however I dont haved any other symtoms. No smoke and the car runs/gos great.

Help please!!!

gtirjoey

you shouldnt block that pipe!!!
do you mean you drove round the block with nothing connected to the pipe in which case it will blow oil everywhere

gtirjoey

well if you havent got that pipe connected to the oil separator or at least a pipe running into the other breather hose it will spit oil everyehwere

P

pulsarboby

yes you cant drive round with that pipe open as said you need to run some sort of pipe back to rc outlet at least!

keastygtir

right, I will get that sorted. So oil flying out of that pipe is to be expected when left open then!

nice one fellas