Boost limits ???? restrictions???

DannyGTI-R

Hi wonder if anyone can help. I have carried out all the work on my own car from fully rebuilding the engine to mapping my PFC. (datalogit).
Last night I was out on the road mapping and increasing the boost and all was going fine fueling was spot on with the LM-1, no knock when the boost reached 1.3 bar all was great turn up avcr to 1.4 bar and I can only just make it with the avcr flat out at 90% and that in 3rd gear onwards 1.2 bar in 1st and 2nd gear.

Now is this just down to the basic's the turbo cant flow anymore its a T28 hybrid larger compresser wheel and 360 thrust bearing, std mainfold also std turbo elbow (i know they are crap) Z32 with 3inch inlet, 700cc injectors, forge front mount

Or is it a boost leak? (forge DV)?
Avcr set up wrong? (90%)?

Dont get me wrong the car drives spot on and is very quick but if you can shed some light on me to what it may be that would be great. I was hoping to run 1.5-1.6 bar.
Cheers

Dan

DannyGTI-R

yes I am still using the standard one that came with the turbo, is the best way to test this just unplug the actuator pipe to the avcr and just drive it steady to see if if boosts any higher????

Fusion Ed

Thats one way. Be warned however, I recently had the first ever profec B failure, something went wrong with the drive for the solenoid and kept the boost solenoid closed (i.e. freespool) I did a peak boost recall on the unit and saw 1.9 bar :eek:, on an otherwise totally standard car (previously running 1 bar) Could have been nasty.. In any case my point it may (or may not) act as you would expect just be careful if you do anything like this..