boost problems AGAIN

Rav

right got the car running sweet now all thanks to Gary gti-r. :lol:

but now my R jus doesn't boost smoothly. ie. 2nd gear 100% throttle at 4.5K the car starts spluttering and jerking will only manage 8.5 when its set at .9 it does this in every gear is it the maf or does it sound mre serious.

there is no smoke at all which is good 8) .. my avcr has been played with :roll: if i want to set the boost to 1bar wot should the duty be set at plz help me

cheers all Rav

J

Jonny H

have u checked the MAF sensor? make sure connections are sweet! also check hoses for any possible leaks etc......

Rav

i did spray sum carb cleaner in there to clean it up was told it was ok to use it :oops:

have checked all the pipe work in the car all seems ok but will have another look. any other possiblities

cheers jonny

J

Jonny H

humm...... just read your first post about the R not boosting! if youve changed all your ht leads, dizzy etc... then its most probably a maf problem...... the little bugger! :wink: if youve cleaned it up just make sure its plugged in properly :oops: other than that im not sure, im guessing youve done an ecu check? :)

Shaun

:D Hi Rav,your AVCR should be set to BOOST:1.00kg/cm2(just under 1bar)and the duty varies from car to car,but a good starting point is 46%Duty,also turn all the learn gears to XXXX and the F/B Speeds to 5's,as this will allow the AVCR to learn quicker :!: Then get it on the motorway,get into 4th gear as quick as possible(i.e.30mph)and put your foot to the floor for as long as you can or dare,up the duty if it boosts low,and lower the duty if it boosts high :!: Hope this helps mate :D

Rav

thats sounds cool will check it the maf out 2morrow as the R is tucked up now in the garage :lol: i hope that its nothing serious thanks everyone for your words of wisdom its all appreciated. 8)

cheers Rav

Rav

did a fault code check last night and it was fine. dont know wot else it could be??? :?: