boost question

LeeSmith

I know it's impossible to give a correct figure, but I was running 300hp @ 1.0bar, I've just upped it to 1.3bar to see what it felt like.

It feels so much faster, how much extra power would that have roughly given me?
I have a mines ecu, Denso iridium plugs, uprated fuel pump, mongoose exhaust, forged pistons, etc etc,

cheers

O

Olly

Mines ECU and 1.3 bar maybe risky mate get it rolling roaded asap, those mines ECU run alot of ignition advance in my mind. :wink:

LeeSmith

lol i'm not keeping it at 1.3bar, i just wanted to see what it felt like!

I shall be putting it back down to 1 bar after i finish work. i did it last night on the way home, so b 4 i leave tonight i'll turn it back down to 1.0bar where i know it runs safely.

I had the car checked at interpro & the map was spot on. But that was at 1.0bar. Just wondering on an estimated power increase as it feels a lot faster.

Thanks for the warning though Olly :wink:

A

AJ4

Assume very roughly, 20 bhp per 0.1 bar increase, with power decreasing with each increase due to added heat in the inlet charge ( depends what the spec of turbo you have is ).

For a standard turbo maxing out at approx 1.5 bar, 1.0bar = 300 bhp, 1.3 bar = 300 + 20 + 15 + 10 = 345 bhp.

Gray

Nice figures, what other modifications are you running lee along with the forged pistons?

LeeSmith

AJ4 said:
Assume very roughly, 20 bhp per 0.1 bar increase, with power decreasing with each increase due to added heat in the inlet charge ( depends what the spec of turbo you have is ).

For a standard turbo maxing out at approx 1.5 bar, 1.0bar = 300 bhp, 1.3 bar = 300 + 20 + 15 + 10 = 345 bhp.
thank you mate, always wondered what difference it would make.

Gray said:
Nice figures, what other modifications are you running lee along with the forged pistons?
nothing much more than what's stated above really mate......mines ecu, Denso iridium plugs, uprated fuel pump, mongoose exhaust, forged pistons, Helix organic clutch, black diamond discs braided hoses, pagid pads, hence why i don't want to run it at this power!!

O

Olly

LeeSmith said:
lol i'm not keeping it at 1.3bar, i just wanted to see what it felt like!

Thanks for the warning though Olly :wink:

I should keep quiet really cos been running 1.3 bar for 3 years, aquamist, forge, rc developments fuel pump etc, but stock engine and recently a bigger turbo md196 and still going strong (regularly listening on full throttle and running standard timing) for det etc on the limit.

But at 1.3 bar big cars become small fry on the road. I know why u done it mate. But those mines ecu's can be trouble chap.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Olly said:
running standard timing
Is that the standrd 20degs or the normal back off slightly (say 18degs) timing? My dizzy still has the seal intact, so I assume its 20degs.