boost spikes

C

chris-b

cars running full goose, filter and bov. got all the bits comin for 1+bar v.soon and have recently fitted a defi boost gauge. now, i have been noticing that on flooring it, the boost firsts spikes up to 0.9-1.1! bar and then settles around 0.8. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this!!- whats the norm here? i no the defi's are the nuts and very accurate
theres no bleed valve etc and all looks stock!
Mattygti-r remarked on how un-laggy and quick it was before i fitted
the defi's when we went out for a blast

so..what ya weckon?

Dooie Pop Pop

i reckon matty told you it wasn' t running stock boost and you didn' t believe him :wink: :lol:

check for loose/leaky pipes.

stu

C

chris-b

na- i knew it was quick- its just runnig slightly more, but its spikes really quick and then back to bout 0.9 bar

Dooie Pop Pop

standard boost seems to fluctuate according to ambient tempreture but a decatted R will boost a bit higher than one fitted with a cat iirc

did you check all your hoses for leaks? including he restictor pipe that runs from the turbo actuator to the plenum :wink:

mattygti-r

spoke to steve about this and he reckons yoru actuator could have been played about wiht hence why your not noticing it?

C

chris-b

steve-hiteq?
the actuators std iteam which iirc is a not adjustable iteam. once the avc-r goes on etc, i go from there- hopefuly it will settle it down!