BP Ultimate 102 Ron

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
"Performance boost of up to 16 per cent
BP Ultimate has launched what it calls a revolutionary high-octane fuel. Launching at selected sites in the south east, BP Ultimate 102 Unleaded is described as "the most advanced, high-performance petrol sold on any forecourt in the UK".

Offering performance improvements of up to 16 per cent in BP's tests, it's also the most expensive at an eye-watering £2.42 per litre :shock: – see below for sites where you can get it – although it's said to be better for the environment

Designed specifically for motor sport enthusiasts, BP Ultimate 102 Unleaded meets the same high specifications of fuels used in Formula One racing and the World Rally Championships. It has an octane number of 102 and has, said BP's spiel, been formulated to allow highly tuned engines to perform at their best.

Where to get it:
Tudor Filling Station, A20 London Road, Allington, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0HE
Chicheley Park Connect, Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, MK16 9BD
Wavendon Gate Connect, Newport Road, Wavendon, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK 7AG
All Saints Self Serve, Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 4BU
Newbury Centre Filling Station, 758 Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7HU
Newham Way Service Station, Newham Way, Canning Town, London, E16 1QX "

Still, at £2.42 per litre thats more than my pocket can handle

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It'd be cheaper to by optimax and octane booster:?

I hope the other companies take note and up the ante;-)

J

jpward

Wonder is it worth my while driving over just to fill up????????????????

Maybe not!

O

Odin

I can't see it being of any use unless your car's been mapped to run on it, The only benefit I can see is one of a little extra cylinder cooling.

Rob

MarkTurbo

I dont think BP are aiming it at general performance car use ;-)

You'd have to be mad (or very rich) to run a road car on it anyway :der: From what i've been told its aimed more at people involved in motorsport/track days/drag racing etc. £2.42 a litre is actually quite cheap when you consider most 102 ron race fuels are well over £3 a litre ;-)

I can imagine all the max power to55ers filling up with it and expecting their cars to do a million mph or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
MarkTurbo said:
I can imagine all the max power to55ers filling up with it and expecting their cars to do a million mph or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i know... Thunder God needs to get a grip on reality...:lol:

Rishi

S

Stoned

SunOnGTiR said:
WTF...:doh: 2.42 a litre!!!
Will make my R 300 bhp?
MIGHT try it out...have to bomb down the M27 though:plane:
Yeah I might do the same and wack it up to 1.4 bar for the M275 run :D

youngsyp

MarkTurbo said:
You'd have to be mad (or very rich) to run a road car on it anyway :der: From what i've been told its aimed more at people involved in motorsport/track days/drag racing etc. £2.42 a litre is actually quite cheap when you consider most 102 ron race fuels are well over £3 a litre ;-)
And yet, they only sell it at a handful of garages, nowhere near a race circuit or drag strip !

Quality marketing from BP ;o)

boucherie

if you had to fill the R up from running on fumes and filled it to the top (bout 43litres from memory) it would cost over a £100 which aint worth it and as for not putting it at the stations near a racetrack - thats a big schoolboy error!!