Braided Brake Lines Question????

antgtir

I will be changing some brakes over on a fellow members R, at the moment he has braded brake lines so i need to know how to shut the brake fluid off i.e. any way of clamping a braided line, or is it a finger over the end then bleed the system??

If i have to bleed the system do you think its best to do all four or just the ones im changing??

Ant. :?

O

Odin

You can use a break hose clamp on them, I'v done this loads of time's with no adverse effects :wink: .

Or just hang them up out the way, as your need to bleed them anyway :wink: .

rob

antgtir

Sorry staff for wrong area :oops:

V i had this with my R, had to bleed the system even though id clamped the lines :roll:

I thought if you had braided lines they weren't as flexible and thats what stoipped the flexing under braking?? :?:

If you have clamped them before with no adverse effects then i shall do the same, cheers bud.

Ant. :D

O

Odin

You don't need to do them to tight, And you would need to bleed the breaks anyway if you'ev had then off, So I wouldn't worry about it mate.

It's a good idea to flush the system every year anyway in my opinion, And defo if your doing a few track days :wink: .

rob

A

Ash10

antgtir said:
I thought if you had braided lines they weren't as flexible and thats what stoipped the flexing under braking?? :?:
Braided lines are just as flexible - it's just that they don't inflate like balloons :D

Dooie Pop Pop

the idea of doing the brakes without bleeding them all is daft and dangerous. do the job properly mate or you could come a cropper :wink:

B

briitts

I just stick a bit of cling film over master cylinder , then put put the cap back. Causes a suction and stops the stuff coming out. You could also get some caps, from somewhere. :wink: