brake bleeding problem!!

neil240z

Hi Folks,

Im having problems bleeding my brakes, the first time I went round them all three times with no joy, I then noiced the master cylinder header tank was bubbling when pumping the pedal, so i came to the conclusion the seals had gone in the master cylinder as the car has been stood for 2 1/2 years. So I got a replacement yesterday from our hero Mr Chan and fitted it today and its just the same.

Pedal goes to the floor but you can get a pedal if you pump it.

anyone have any suggestions?

regards

Neil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Make sure you aren't opening the bleed valves too far as air can go around the threads and you don't get anywhere, also make sure the level in the reservoir level doesn't fall below the pick up for the pipe to the calipers.

I think when the seals in the cylinder go, you get an internal leak across the seal and the pedal goes to the floor, but you shouldn't see any bubbles unless there's alot of air in the system already (but I could be wrong)

neil240z

Yes, I may have opened the bleed valves too much, and I did let the resevoir go quite low at one point.

if anyone else has any theories Im all ears.

will give it another go tomorrow.

cheers, Neil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Make sure you top the level back up before you start next time and don't let it drop too low, only crack the bleed valves enough to let fluid out.;-)