brake fluid reservoir

GTIR-LOZ

hi all i want to do a propper brake bleed with a pressure bleeder however the reservoirs thread for the cap is just a twist an lock as all the rest of every car is screw on and i cant seem to get the adapter for the bleeder anywhere, has anyone changed the reservoir for another one with a srew cap fitting if so which one was it or has anyone been able to find an adapter for the pressure bleeder??

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Tried it with a "pressure bleeder" by modifying a std cap and that didn't work...had to do it the old fashioned way by pumping the brake pedal with a 2nd person going round each caliper.

GTIR-LOZ

i just wanted a better bleed :) there must be a reservoir for another car that fits or do the uk gtirs have the screw cap??

B

beastgtir

why not use the one man brake bleeding kit.

it is a pipe that connects to the valve. then all u do is pump it till all the gunk is out and no air. u can see the sire clearly in the pipe and once it has been bled only fluid will be showing in the pipe.

the bottle with the suction pipe is about £4 only from any decent car shop. it does work very well as i used it when i changed the discs and pads on my gtir. very easy job to do.

S

smcnairn

i bought a Gunsons Easy-bleed kit and also found that none of the caps fit on the Pulsar reservoir. looks like it will have to be a two man job!

GTIR-LOZ

how do you work that one out? a proper pressure bleeder will not thats the problem with the 2 man operation more than anything , making sure the brake fluid is constantly topped up