Brake master cylinder

Stewm6204

Hey master cylinder has went was told the primera egt one fits nice and better kit? Googled it and they seem to be hard too come by joined the npoc but apparently they dont buy and sell parts on there! Any ideas

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Don't bother, the standard master cylinder is more than adequate.

I run 6 pot brakes and it copes perfectly fine,

warpspeed

The reason for fitting the primera egt one is it has a larger piston bore which means when you are using multi-piston calipers with more fluid in you will have a firmer pedal, less travel and better feel to the brakes mean easier modulation of braking force, just because the pedal feels 'ok' with the standard master cyl doesn't mean it couldn't be better....that is the reason for Stew's question....

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'm sure they are, but as he mentioned they are hard to come across; so perhaps to speed up the process of repair (and as another option) he could use the standard unit as its "more than adequate" ;)

Stewm6204

Cheers im see if i can aquire the egt one first they are 150ish new as far as i can see at the min but on the primera forum trying to find a part number for it am shite at searching for things lol