Brake servicing/overhaul

D

DodgeT

I will be fitting my hi spec 285mm discs next week, along with goodridge hoses aswell.

Whilst ive got the calipers off the car, would it be worthwhile to service the calipers?? Im guessing that you can get new seal kits etc for them?

Is there anything else you can do to them to get them working like new??

Shall give them a nice coat of shiny paint at the same time :) :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I live by the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
If you're unhappy about the calipers performance then feel free to overhaul them, I wouldn't bother unless I knew they were abit dodgy tho.
Just give them a quick clean up with a wire brush, especially on any mating/sliding surfaces.

D

DodgeT

i think the calipers are fine, just that the standard setup is sh1te as i think we all agree :(

im guessing its normal, that after about 5 mins of driving/braking hard, they start to judder like hell, still braking power there, but loads of juddering.

ive got to fit - 285mm discs, pagid fast road pads, goodridge hoses & some 5.1 fluid, should sort it out. :D

J

jasegould

Juddering = warped discs. Only thing Id do with the calipers is clean the pads runners and copperslip them

D

DodgeT

all done :D

no wonder the old ones were not working very well, looking into the wheel, the discs looked fine, but the back of them :( as you can see in the pic, the pads were only touching about 1/3rd of the rear of the disc.

J

jasegould

:shock:

Let me know if they are any better once they're bedded in :p