brake upgrades

D

Dazzagti-r

hey all, finally got me r, (moons old one!) the first thing i wana do is get some decent brakes fitted, any suggestions on whats the best sort of kit to go for? and will i need the rear brakes upgraded too? cheers, :?:

A

Anonymous

what size wheels u got mate?

I have got the hi spec 285 mm disc with the billet 4 pot and she stops more than adequaletly. I think it about 550 for the whole kit. this goes easily under 16s and will even squeeze under some 15" wheels.

for some reason it is much better than my mates 310 mm kit.

I have the braided hoses and some decent racing fluid so that helps.

have a look on their site:
www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk

youngsyp

I bought a G******d 308mm big disc conversion. The kit is good but IMHO service was shocking. I had to buy some mounting bolts myself as they didn't arrive with the kit ! But, here is not the place for that. This kit uses the original calipers with spacersand I specced grooved discs. I would use Pagid pads all round and change the fluid after putting on some braided lines. The feel and confidence will be much improved. I used the brakes in anger recently at around 60mph and it was like I hit a wall, the deceleration was immense ! I haven't experienced fade yet !

HTH

A

Anonymous

the ******** kit is shite inho. they use old PRINESS calipers from what I hear so they are old, have been refurbed, plus they are iron so weigh a fooking tonne!
also the service is diabolical!
they uised to be an ok kit but brakes have moved on lots.

go for hispec if you can as are new, lightweight n awesoem stoppng power.
pagid pads a re great but ferrodo DS 2500s are awesome for fast road n track use.

the rears are merely a look thing really though they do help you brake more linear and less nose dive.

nick

PM Nick to find out who he is talking about and keep it offline. Cheers Caleb

youngsyp

You're right mate. I only bought the big discs though not the calipers. For my needs they are more than up to the job. Infact, they are probably better that my old GT4 with 4 pots as standard and 315mm discs up front. It is a cheaper alternative to the 4 pot conversions which, unless you go on the track a lot are probably over kill. But, Highspec do these as well so the choice is still there.
I wanted DS2500's but, they don't make them to fit the standard GTIR caliper so Pagids are the next best thing.
Minor changes to the back i.e fluid, hoses and pad changes would suffice. As you say, you may not think they do much but, will feel the difference if they aren't working !

R

Red Rice rocket

Nick

You are wrong in what you are saying , the Godspeed kits come with different types of calipers , the Princess calipers have not been used , one of the kit have reconditioned Volvo calipers , these are used to lower the costs , they also supply kits with brand new alloy Brembo and AP calipers , perhaps you should update your information at www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk before giving out incorrect info , different calipers are used to suit everybodys pocket .

A trade stand will be at the Jap show on the weekend at Santa Pod for the kits to be viewed.

Boooooost

i've got the 325mm kit with brembos and its v good but they're right the service is utter sh1te pm if you want details :evil: