Brakes wont fit

G

gavmc18

just trying to fit my hi spec billet 4 300mm discs and calipers on just now was all going well until i put my wheel back on

i have buddy club p1 sf 17inch wheels and the bloody caliper is hitting off the spokes anyone came across this problem

anyone else with these wheels which uprated brakes are you running

gav

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gavmc18

if i was to put spacers on it would put the wheels out too far and the nut wouldnt be gripping alot of the stud

Sunny GTi

I nearly had the stud problem with my new wheels, they are an awkward design. Im not sure what your current wheel nuts are like, but I was able to get much thinner wheel nuts so that they would fit right back into the wheel and grab enough stud to secure the wheels properly.

Maybe if you need to space the wheels a few mm's then longer/thinner studs will grab those few mm's more.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I used the same kit and had the same problem...

Used 1mm spacer and it was fine... Was only just clipping the spoke on my Speedlines...

Rishi

SickBoy

On my first "R" i had similar worries but with a spacer then ordered longer studs which made me feel a lot happier

Im sure i got the part number somewhere

Lee

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What offset are the wheels? You'll probably be ok with a small spacer and you can get longer wheel studs if the nuts aren't going on far enough.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

if you got spacer get the H & R ones they have studs in the and you just bolt them up to ur hub and away you go.

But if you want to sell the wheel let me konw