Brakes

Garef

Here goes, I was needing new pads and new rubber boot covers for the pistons on my brakes, so I ordered them from hi-spec and replaced them all, the brakes were working fine before, so I can't understand why there playing about now, basically it doesn't matter how many times I bleed my brakes they will not get hard, I will bleed them, no air in the system and then when I tighten it all up, I go tp push the pedal and it's all soft, I'll pump it a few times and it gets hard, but if I leave it ten seconds it goes all soft again, there's no fluid leaking anywhere and I know everything has been tightened properly. Any Ideas of what may be wrong, any info as always much appreciated.

Cheers from a very frustrated R owner.

I read the other day that someone wrote that you had to have the patience of a saint to own and R, I think you need a lot more than that, mines has only been off the road for three weeks, can't imagine how some of you must feel waiting on rebuilds. AAAAAAAAAARGH.

neil240z

Garef said:
Here goes, I was needing new pads and new rubber boot covers for the pistons on my brakes, so I ordered them from hi-spec and replaced them all, the brakes were working fine before, so I can't understand why there playing about now, basically it doesn't matter how many times I bleed my brakes they will not get hard, I will bleed them, no air in the system and then when I tighten it all up, I go tp push the pedal and it's all soft, I'll pump it a few times and it gets hard, but if I leave it ten seconds it goes all soft again, there's no fluid leaking anywhere and I know everything has been tightened properly. Any Ideas of what may be wrong, any info as always much appreciated.

Cheers from a very frustrated R owner.

I read the other day that someone wrote that you had to have the patience of a saint to own and R, I think you need a lot more than that, mines has only been off the road for three weeks, can't imagine how some of you must feel waiting on rebuilds. AAAAAAAAAARGH.
I had EXACTLY the same problem with my car, and i couldnt work out what was wrong, if you look at the reservoir when you pump the pedal, does the fluid go down when you pump it then when you let of it fills up again?

The only thing i can think of is the pistons are moving too freely and pushing the fluid back through the system, i never solved this one and ran out of pennies to spend on it, it may be worth trying to borrow a pair of stock front calipers to try.

other than that it could be the junction device behind the engine (dont think it can be changed without engine out)

let me know how you get on, ashills will want to know.

regards

Neil

Garef

Brakes are not on upside down and there are no leaks, neither is the level of the brake fluid going down.