Breakdown cover..

A

Anonymous

Hi guys...

Looking to get me some breakdown cover for the R and wondered who you guys use? What you think of them? Or who you would recommend?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Hannie

well i use the RAC, alls been fine with them, always arrive within the time they specify. I think most of the main recovery groups are delivering the same performance for roughly the same price. unless someone else can shed some more light on this... :)

J

J-GTi-R

I've had to use both the RAC and the AA over the past year (on the missus's cars, not mine :D ) and they are both pretty much the same, although I have had some right monkies come out from the RAC as well as some really good mechanics.

We've bothgot joint cover through the AA though, turned out cheaper than the RAC.

R

rsnissan

I have Green flag recovery so i can get recovered on a flatbed to home where i can look at the car if i brakedown

A

AZ STE

Im with the RAC ,you get a free car check every year, initially I thought this would be rubbish but ,its a proper 26 point check and they flagged up that my battery was on its way out also if you go and get the free check they give you a small discount the next year.Im very happy with their service :wink:

E

Edd

Well i'm with the AA, have been for 6 years now.
I think they only allow 7 call outs a year though, before asking you to cough up again.
However i have used them 3 times now, and each time i've needed a flatbed trailer to get towed.
Just think how much that would have cost without the cover...

mattygti-r

with the AA....called out 4 times so far (since May!) recoverd once...they have been ok

thou they have said my I/C was my rad once! and did mess up my electrial system car meaning my battery went dead....nice...esp when u driving at 50mph

:cry:

but would go with the AA

timmy

I get AA cover free with my TSB bank account. Never had cause to use it yet though (touch wood).

A

Anonymous

i think im gonna go with RAC...they do a nice checkon the car as well.

P

Phil_d74

Yes I use AA, haven't had to use them on the R yet though. Not sure about other breakdown companies but they also have the feature that you are covered in what ever car you are in.

My 205 1.9 GTI always breaks down :wink:

Davey

ive got (not) free breakdown cover with my insurance, some place i never heard of,only used them once, but wasnt impressed, the bloke who came out didnt have a clue, just looked a little lost when i said "its my rotor arm m8, can you fix it" :shock: :cry: Would defo recommend going with one of the big companies, green flag always used to be good

R

Rab

mattygti-r said:
with the AA....called out 4 times so far (since May!) recoverd once...they have been ok

thou they have said my I/C was my rad once! and did mess up my electrial system car meaning my battery went dead....nice...esp when u driving at 50mph

:cry:

but would go with the AA

I agree, don't ever let them touch your car! I've had to use them a few times over the years, but always on fords? Once for the Polo when the pedal box snapped.

But they have a tendancy to make an asre of it, so just get your car trailered to somewhere you trust!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I use the RAC. Only used them on my last car and the wifes car when her cam belt snapped. They were fairly quick and knew what they were doing. I believe they can limit the number of call outs tho and after 3 I think there's a catch, but I'd need to look that one up again to check it out.

andygtir

i use greenflag through direct line, but they only sub-contract the job out to a local firm anyway.

make sure they know that the R can only ever be towed on a flat back lorry and must never have any wheels on the ground.

i've got the mutts nuts cover after breaking down in newquay once in my old car and finding out that they wanted £400 to tow me home to london, as i was only covered for 20 miles! needless to say i didnt pay that, luckily a mate had full cover :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
andygtir said:
make sure they know that the R can only ever be towed on a flat back lorry and must never have any wheels on the ground.
It can be towed with ALL 4 wheels on the ground for less than 40miles and at less than 30mph.

mattygti-r

all i get from the AA is...apart from..ur cars not listed on our system...

its a what? a GTI-R? eh? oh these fast or somin..oh its a bit compact under there..lets check ur spark plugs oppps nooo f**king way...u gota take that I/C off.....f**k that...

seem to be for ever calling them out :roll: :roll: