Breaks & Breaking

nex

From what i've read the breaks on the pulsars can be somewhat shocking. The Issue that I'm having is that there seems to be quiet a bit of initial travel on the break pedal before the breaks start to kick in. I guess you call also call breaking a little spongy but im not entirely sure.

My first thoughts are air in the system and bleeding them out, but are there any other issues with the master cylinder/servo etc which would lead to this kind of problem as it doesnt give much confidence under breaking to say the least!!

Also do all pulsar have ABS as standard and is there anyting to watch out for when bleeding them?

Cheers folks!

davey red.r

the standard brakes are a waste of time ,they more or less dont work till you get a bit heat in them.
evan then there nothing to write home about,
single piston calliper on a road going rally rep:?
whats all that about mr nissan:lol:

davey;-)

Jonesy

I would say they work beter when cold, and are even more shite when warm. Thats standard pads anyway suppose it depends on what pads your using.

O

Odin

nex said:
what would the different variations in colour mean?

Well if the fluid is a dark brown or black it's a good sign that it's well and truly f*cked, It would probably mean that the master cylinder rubber seals are well past their sell by date :cry: , You can buy new seal kits but I'd rather fit a complete new master cylinder is if where my own car.

You should change the break/clutch fluid at least every 2 years anyway, It's because it's hygroscopic which means it adsorbs water ;-) .

Rob