broke down AGAIN!!!!!!

D

dick dastedly

ok so yet again ive broken down the rac man says that i have a very weak spark ,it did run after he came perfectly but the other day on full song it missed as if it was missing at high revs ( maybe the spark was weak then)dont know why just one of those things that make you look stupid, is this a common problem ie coil pack or modual and how can i check them(does anyone have a wireing diagram that will tell an auto electrician what wires should be reading what) as i dont want to buy new coil etc to find thats not the problem. oh and how much are these items from nissan????

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ignition amplifiers sometimes pack in. Not sure what they or a coil costs from Nissan.

D

dick dastedly

thanks but ive been on search for the past hour and read about these ss, blaster coils, as mine is 15 yrs old i thought i might just get a new one anyway,,so do i just need the coil and swap for my standard one and were can i get one or would you lot sugest something different,( thanks for your kind offer of borrowing me one)

mad max

i had the same sort of prob miss fire at full song so i fitted a msd blaster coil i was told it was due to spark blow out it fixed mine but i am running a fair bit of boost hope that helped

D

dick dastedly

im running 1.4 bar. were did you get it and did you just get the coil also how much are they??

mad max

im running 1.7 you will need a ballast resistor as well i got mine from a place very near power engineering not to sure of the name all i know they gots lots of bits for the yank tanks phone simon nd he will tell you the name

mad max

try asking fast guy or thunder god or steve all great guys ( i dont know ) well at least i am honest...