butterlfy modification?

skiddusmarkus

Some people knifedge them too but I'm not sure why :?: Maybe to smooth the airflow over them :?:

If you increase the diameter of the inlets then it will allow more potential power but will affect lowdown torque as it will slow airspeed.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
skiddusmarkus said:
Some people knifedge them too but I'm not sure why :?: Maybe to smooth the airflow over them :?:
I assume it creates a little less turbulance than it would hitting the flat edge of the throttle when wide open

And don't forget to smooth the screw off holding it in place :wink: (assuming it's put together iin a similar way to the old SU carb throttle :p )

ashills

he had the runners bored out and a few mm bigger butterflys fitted if i remember right
just dump them all and go single throttle body :D

nismoboy

ashills said:
he had the runners bored out and a few mm bigger butterflys fitted if i remember right
This is somthing i`d like to do but ive heard u loose all the low end torque :?: just out of intrest what size throttle body does a evo use?

Also if i was to do this what do u do about the tps?

A

antilag

ashbhp has them now altho there probably on his mantel piece lol

ashills

nismoboy said:
ashills said:
This is somthing i`d like to do but ive heard u loose all the low end torque :?: just out of intrest what size throttle body does a evo use?

Also if i was to do this what do u do about the tps?
i dont know enough about the theory side to say how it would effect low end torque but i dont have any problems on the evo :)

im using a standard 65mm throttle body on evo but may change to the Q45 90mm version if this is to restrictive

im fitting this today on old engine in car ready for new engine next week and swap it all over

nismoboy

i reccon a set up like that would make loads of difference on a pulsar u could ditch the throttle boddies,plenum,inlet mani and use the q45 and get somthing like that what ashills is using.

Keira

when you look into it you will find that what nissan designed is actually pretty much spot on 8)

i'd be sticking with the quads if they weren't getting in the way of another cunning plan :wink:

just think about all the big power cars that still use the quads and ask yourself.....

(a) do i really need to do it
(b) is it worth the bother
(c) is it worth the money

it would be an expensive gimmick just to have for the sake of it, you try finding a plenum like als for the gtir :? and if you go for a one off :shock: it wont be cheap. Have seen a few from oz or n.z. and the us, but wont be getting any of them as i've had yet another cunning plan 8)

A

antilag

i have the materials and can make a single throttle conversion for under 500 quid

alan i got a q45 throttle here if u ever need it :wink:

ashills

cheers mate the standard one should see me ok to 600ish if i ever stick a gt35r on there thats when ill need it :)

K

KRS

i'd be sticking with the quads if they weren't getting in the way of another cunning plan
I think we are having the same problem ;)

Im looking to make a single throttle body setup at some stage but not just yet.

Keira

KRS said:
i'd be sticking with the quads if they weren't getting in the way of another cunning plan
I think we are having the same problem ;)
if we're singing the same tune i found something that might get round it without binning the quads :wink:

K

KRS

:D I would be very intrested to know how its done. If im going to do it, its gotta be done right.

nismoboy

if we're singing the same tune i found something that might get round it without binning the quads :wink:[/quote]

whats that then :?: