Can anyone help me?.......

A

Anonymous

Ok I recently had my car looked at by a garage and they told me that I need a N/S/F bottom arm, they told me they could get hold of one for around £130 but they said I might be able to locate one cheaper myself. Anyway I've phond around and possibly found one, When I asked the guy (on the phone) if he had a Near Side Front Bottom Arm he replied 'what you mean the wishbone'? I kind of said 'yeah the N/S/F bottom arm', he said 'yeah the wishbone £50'. My question is - are they one and the same? Is there any chance anyone could post up a pic of one so when I do buy it I know what I'm looking at?

Cheers guys

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much mate. How difficult would this be to fit myself, I know next to nothing but am good at following instructions and willing to give it a go. Or should I just take it to the garage?

J

jasegould

In theory they are not hard to fit, if you take the wheel off or have a look underneath its pretty straightforward, in practice tho can be a different matter as bolts and bushes can be seized, joints can be stuck sometimes and unless you know the little tricks you can get stuck..... :x

A

Anonymous

Might take it the garage then, How long do u reckon 1 hour labour?

B

big boy

do you know you can change the ball joint on the wishbone? i fitted nismo ones ball joints!!!!

jamie

J

jasegould

I wouldnt be surprised if they quoted you 2 as to most garages an r is a bit of an odd ball car, but 1 hour is plenty bar any problems.