Can someone do me a favour please......

J

Jamz

I'm getting a fair bit of oil coming out of by gearbox breather and I'm not convinced the breather outlet (metal pipe with 90 degree bend) on the gearbox is pointing in the right direction. Can someone pleeeease have a looksee at their car for me ?

Thanks

James

J

Jamz

51 views and not one person can spare 30 seconds to pop their bonnet and check something out for me. :?

J

Jamz

It's the black rubber pipe with the 180 degree bend on the end that clips under the intercooler surround.

It attaches to the gearbox just under the big rubber intake hose.

Cheers :D

T

Tart

I'll check it out for you too......... just in case Jimmy goes blind suddenly.....

kyepan

The rubber one that clips onto the underside intercooler should come up over and point backwards. thats connected to the metal one that comes out of the box. The one coming out of the box looks funny anyway, it bends and twists a couple of times if memory serves..

If the seal in between the transfer box and the gearbox goes then it will spurt oil in this way, because somthing gets pressurised.

turbolio (frank) has had this, i thought i had it too, but it turns out the box itself was cracked and it was not coming out of the breather at all.

you might want to check the transfer box breather its further round and can be seen from underneath the car.

J

Jamz

I'll give the transfer box breather a look when I get home. :D

Thanks.

James