can the apexi fc be reset ?

N

newbie2

hi, i have recently posted that my car is ticking over erratically and today i put my foot down it 4th gear there was black smoke from the exhaust then when i changed to fifth i had no power,almost like it went into safe mode, possibly hit fuel cut and was told on the other forum that my tick over problem was the apexi fc going into fuel cut.
so can i reset my apexi fc to auto learn ? if so how ? will it solve the problem ? also will it be ok to use the car for 3 weeks to run it in with a auto learn map ? i will be taking the car to the racing line in 3 weeks to get it remapped.
sorry for all the questions , any good advice would be great :)

N

newbie2

abyss said:
black smoke sounds like a boost leak.
but after the black smoke the car looses power and starts spluttering, would this happen with just a boost leak ?
also ive found out that auto learn on the apexi fc only works on a standard gtir, so i will have to stay off boost until i get it remapped !

N

newbie2

hi, i forgot to mention that when i started the car there was a intermittant whining noise coming from the fuel pump as if it was sucking on the last bits of fuel in the tank but the tank is half full.
could the fuel pump be fooked and be causing the problem ? if so why would i have black smoke on boost ?

boucherie

i always thought that black smoke was fuel related and white smoke was boost :? on that principle you might have wet plugs or something else to cause a misfire which would explain the spluttering and all the smoke. might be worth taking the plugs out giving them a good clean up and if you've got a spare set of leads fit them as well.

N

newbie2

found out today that this spluttering problem happens in every gear when on boost and even when i back of the throttle it continues to splutter and lose all power for another 5-10 seconds, anybody help ??

boucherie

easiest thing i can suggest is to fit a new fuel filter, before you check the plugs make sure theres no water ingress into the plug holes then take out the plugs and give them a damn good check, if they are black and wet then your overfuelling which could cause your spluttering, also check that they are the right temp grade and not stock ones as this will also have an impact on performance. I wouldnt have thought there was much wrong with the pump but if its a walbro then prob best to take it out and try and fit it as far down into the tank as possible as its smaller than the stock one so will naturally 'sit up' a bit compared to stock position.

if after this you still have a problem then it could be the fuel regulator (is yours stock or adjustable?) but its best to make sure all the silly little things are done first and then you can go into other areas if problems persist

N

newbie2

i will phone the guy who rebuilt my engine in the morning and get him to put it right !

N

newbie2

problem solved, it was the cheap hks copy bov that i had fitted !!
i blocked the hose off and in now goes like a rocket ;-)