Can you tell the age of car?

STU666V

Hi,

I got a GTI-R for spares a few weeks back and i went out to my dads tonight to have a look at it.
It's diffrent to my pulsar and i think it's a uk car, i dont have photos of the car yet.
It has a long rear number plate.
2 X demist switches.
2 x Fog switches.
in MPH
Antilock light on clocks.
around 10 diffrent lights on the clocks.
Just a few diffrent bits on it diffrent to mine.
The number plate was VIW 8958 but i got no paper work with it as i am breaking it any way and the garage has had it for around 1 year.
Model no is EBYNRVFN14TDALJ-BA
SR20(DET)1998
TRANS RS5F5OA
PLANT M
KH3 G
ENGINE NUMBER SR20 057743A
Its black, Does anyone now the age of this car?

Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I need the chassis number. It's the only number you haven't quoted off the chassis plate. RNN14xxxxxx

STU666V

Dam :doh:
It was hard to see as the front strut brace was in the way.
Oh well might go back out in the morning as its 15 mile away.
Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

J

jpward

STU666V said:
Hi,

I got a GTI-R for spares a few weeks back and i went out to my dads tonight to have a look at it.
It's diffrent to my pulsar and i think it's a uk car, i dont have photos of the car yet.
It has a long rear number plate.
2 X demist switches.
2 x Fog switches.
in MPH
Antilock light on clocks.
around 10 diffrent lights on the clocks.
Just a few diffrent bits on it diffrent to mine.
The number plate was VIW 8958 but i got no paper work with it as i am breaking it any way and the garage has had it for around 1 year.
Model no is EBYNRVFN14TDALJ-BA
SR20(DET)1998
TRANS RS5F5OA
PLANT M
KH3 G
ENGINE NUMBER SR20 057743A
Its black, Does anyone now the age of this car?

Thanks
NI Reg phase 2 car by the sounds of it but if it has longer plate on boot i would have to guess its a Euro model as long as the tail has not been changed!

Tip for you look at the label on the seat belts what date stamp is on it?

STU666V

jpward said:
NI Reg phase 2 car by the sounds of it but if it has longer plate on boot i would have to guess its a Euro model as long as the tail has not been changed!

Tip for you look at the label on the seat belts what date stamp is on it?
Ok thanks,
Will have a look in the morning.
P.S
Whats a phase 2? NI REG?

J

jpward

STU666V said:
Ok thanks,
Will have a look in the morning.
No bother what wheels are on it throw up a few pics i am sure someone over here knows more of its history ;-)

STU666V

jpward said:
No bother what wheels are on it throw up a few pics i am sure someone over here knows more of its history ;-)
Thay are some sort of 5 spoke 17" well one has i crack in it has the boy that had it before hit a lamp post on the drivers door and bent in the sill and door a bit.

J

jpward

Fast Guy said:
It comes up 08/90
Thats a series 1 chassis number and i expect you have a flap at the drivers door catch with a umberella holder behind ;-)

looks like a good old pulsar though with a few mods like switches and clocks have been changed or just the faces but hey at least you have 2 nismo braces :thumbsup: