Cant get any gears

abyss

Can't get any gears after replacing the slave cylinder. Think the selector fork is bent. While the box is out should i replace my clutch i have a helix organic the clutch has done under 1500 miles.

Also can someone tell me how much in Inch" does the slave moves out. mines moves about an inch.

abyss

no i didn't drop the box to replace the slave. I mean would i be better to replace the clutch if the box is out. fluid level is fine the fluid before was really black but put new slave on and put new fluid in. Or maybe in not bleeding it right. If the fork is bent and the engine is off would i still be able to select gears.

mad max

if you plan to run big power or you all ready do then change the clutch if its needed you should be able to tell by the plate or if it slipped in the last weeks or so

abyss

only asking as i know that there was a small batch of faulty helix clutches thats all and, if do decide to increase the power i wouldn't mind an rps street max clutch. Also before i changed the slave i couldn't get any gears. I thought i would replace just to see if it worked.

Last edited:

stumo

Why did you change the slave cyl?

Surely if the clutch fork was bent before wou'd have experienced the same problem?

When you press the clutch pedal does it feel the same as before or is it very easy to press it down?
If it's easier than before to press then you've not bled it correctly.

How much freeplay in the pedal do you have ?
You should have approx 1 inch of freeplayat the PEDAL.

If everything was ok before you replaced the cyl then you've prob not bled it right.