cant get parts to service car ?

M

m_port

Hi all Ive just got a GTI-R:-D, And dont know when it was last serviced:sad: so im going to do it just to be on the safe side, But I dont know where to get a new timing chain and timing tensoner from:cry: does anyone have a link or something .

also is there anything else I should change why'll im doing it if so where can i get it from

Thanks Peter

O

Odin

m_port said:
Hi all Ive just got a GTI-R:-D, And dont know when it was last serviced:sad: so im going to do it just to be on the safe side, But I dont know where to get a new timing chain and timing tensoner from:cry: does anyone have a link or something .

also is there anything else I should change why'll im doing it if so where can i get it from

Thanks Peter
:shock: :doh: , You don't need to change the chain matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

It's not a service item like a belt would be :der: .

you just need plugs/oil/dizzy cap/rotor arm and filters matey.

Rob

M

m_port

thanks m8 just the chain starting rattle even when the car is warm, What about the tensioner ?

M

m_port

plus when i put my foot down turning out of a left hand bend the car starts to judder then it pops and bangs then it goes again

O

Odin

m_port said:
thanks m8 just the chain starting rattle even when the car is warm, What about the tensioner ?
Get them checked over, It could be stuck or something I suppose, If the oil hasn't been changed or cheap 5hit has been used, But it's easy enough to get to and change so I believe.

I had both of mine change when I had the engine rebuilt just in case, But generally speaking they don't go wrong to often.

It's located at the rear of the engine.

Rob

O

Odin

m_port said:
plus when i put my foot down turning out of a left hand bend the car starts to judder then it pops and bangs then it goes again

Could be fuel surge by the sounds of it, Has it had an uprated fuel pump fitted ?, Because sometimes they don't sit them low enough in the tank and you can get fuel starvation.

Rob

M

m_port

i havnt got a clue but i think ill get one fitted to be on the safe side

thanks for the link braveheart

O

Odin

Read this before you start buying stuff you may not need wily nilly lol

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103

And do a search if you can't find what you are looking for, Or if you must lol, Pm me with your stupid questions to save yourself a good beating on the forum lol.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator: