Car in safe mode

BenD

right, after blasting along some lanes earlier on, i noticed the car not pulling aswell, and noticed i was only running standard boost, now i suppose the car went into safe mode, so i did the diagnostics, which i thought rectified the problem, and afterwards, the car was running 1bar boost again, but what i have noticed is that alot of the urgency of the car has been lost, and doesnt feel quite right, even when im driving at low speeds/off boost. Even through the pedals, the car has not got that foot to floor with instant boost effect.

WTF is wrong, ive checked the other posts about safe mode, so what else could be causeing this??

Cheers

Ben

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
1) Crap fuel

2) plugs and leads could be wet...

3) dizzy

4) Det Sensor fault

Could be a number of things... Just go through the usual suspects...

Rishi

BenD

RishiGTiR said:
1) Crap fuel Optimax only

2) plugs and leads could be wet... could be,

3) dizzy

4) Det Sensor fault shows up fine when i do the check

Could be a number of things... Just go through the usual suspects...

Rishi
op

Cheers for that dude!, 8)

because of the ECU overfuelling, compensating for the boost increase, and then suddenly going into safe mode, would that have an affect??

T

Tart

Since ur car woz boostin fine Id imagine det sensor. did the ecu fault code come up 34????? if so its the det.

If it is the det it could be either a faulty sensor or the ECU really is detecting detonation. check that first.....

J

J-GTi-R

If you have a problem then the car will go straight back into safe-mode as soon as you start driving it again, even after re-setting the ECU. If you haven't done the fault code check, do that, otherwise I'd suspect the DET sensor as well.

BenD

Ive done the ECU check twice now, once to reset it from safe mode, and again last night, and its all showing ok, the car was driven again this morning, and its boosting to a bar fine, but have now gone back to standard boost, just for a week or so, to give it a rest LOL :roll:

T

Tart

Im assumin that means you got the 55 code off the fault code check. Nxt time you get the boost drop, stop and do a fault code check to see if it is 34. It will only give the fault if the car has just had the fault. After a reset or after it has been shut off and restarted after a few mins the error code will reset to all clear automatically wivout having to do a manual reset......

Matt

BenD

yea, thats what i did yesterday, as soon as i noticed that my boost had dropped off, i pulled over and did the check with my trusty paperclip, and it was 5/5 so i was happy that there was no problem. the car was then reset, and boosted fine, but i had noticed that it wasnt pulling to well, there is no boost leak, as i have checked this morning :?

i dunno, bloody cars, do strange shit :roll:

cheers tho Tart!

Ben

T

Tart

U took the handbrake off rite??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Id have thought it is either under or over fueling. wot boost u runnin? maybe the fuel pump needs uprating??? Just a thought.......

kyepan

the simptoms you described in your first post, sounded exactly like what happened when my det sensor said goodbye...right down to the lack of urgency, and funkyness in low gears at low speeds.. if the fault code is showing otherwise i am very confused

T

Tart

....but Kyepan, Im sure it must have been the handbrake in ur case!!!! :lol:

kyepan

not the handbrake, just the fact that i value the clutch life a little more than u do.. he he

tarts refering to him beating me off some lights at the enfield meet..

tart - does a launch with wild abandon and 1.2 bar
kyepan - eases off the lights and then boots it at 1.0 bar .. gearboxes and clutch changes are expensive u know.

granted i did eat spoiler.. but.. oh.. the handbrake.. erm .. yep it was on actually.. lol

T

Tart

yeah, couldn't resist..... sorry dude!!! :lol:

woz fun though......... :D

J

J-GTi-R

Lol, yeah since my missus went away on business I've had to do that myself... How much do you charge, by the way?

(do I really want to continue down this thread path.... :roll: :lol: )

T

Tart

.......... really dont think we should carry on this thread but hey, u started it!!!! :shock:

besides think i'll keep the jigalo thing for the birds......... :wink:

LOL

J

J-GTi-R

Tart said:
.......... really dont think we should carry on this thread but hey, u started it!!!! :shock:

LOL
LOL I blame it on being Friday (nothing to do with my perverted mind, honest!!).