car runnning very rich

GTIR_Dan

my cars putting out over 10.5% CO at idle, it should be les than 3.5%, what could be causing this?

i was thinking lambda or water temp sensor, anyone got any better ideas?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
More than likely the Air Flow meter. Check all the pins are making connections in the connectors and it's often worth re-earthing it.

Try a fault code check to see if it throws anything up.

Fusion Ed

Yes if it has not been setup properly, worth checking also is to see if the lambda sensor is working...

antgtir

Look at MAF. My car did the same on a standard MAF when that started to break down.

If the ECU hasn't been re mapped to suit the Z32 it will run rich. If you have a standard MAF its probably worth trying that, however it does depend on whether the 32 is required for your setup.

Ant.

GTIR_Dan

antgtir said:
Look at MAF. My car did the same on a standard MAF when that started to break down.

If the ECU hasn't been re mapped to suit the Z32 it will run rich. If you have a standard MAF its probably worth trying that, however it does depend on whether the 32 is required for your setup.

Ant.
Unfortunately i dont have a standard maf, the cars only been lightly modded, boost turned upto 1 bar, walbro fuel pump, full exhaust and decat, air filter so do i really need a Z32?

Jonesy

you dont need the z32 for you set up. Standard will be fine.
Also if the z32 isnt faulty ill buy it if your selling it.