car setup for 1/4

ashills

just thinking about whats the best sort of suspension settings etc for the pulsar when running the 1/4 mile
is it best with shocks on max hard for instance or what have people found??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Best way to find out, if you have the kit on your car, is to find a quiet rwyb day (hahahahahaha. No bleedin chance) and just play about with the settings until you find the optimum.
Traction is your ultimate goal and to be honest, the Gtir shouldn't have much of a problem in that department, but if you can find another 1/10th off the line then let me know your settings :wink: Tyre pressures can also affect traction.
How did you get on with your launches this weekend?

S

Sirnixalot

put around 15-18psi in the rear tires, rear suspension on full hard and the front on full soft

see what that does for ya

ashills

this weekend i was running 30psi all round in the tyres and all suspension on hard (koni inserts)
basically just as it came off the road
first launch of the day i tried to get it off a flyer as i was first run of the day held 6.5k off the line and the track was just to sticky so the clutch gave
after that it got better with holding around 5.5k off the line
i did a 12.5 and 12.3 which both had a little wheel spin off the line.
its weird as all my runs regardless of how i launch seem to give either 113-114 terminal
the 12.3 i was running 1 psi more and managed to get 115mph

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you getting wheel spin as sooon as you move or is it coming in once you're on the move? I don't have enough power to wheelspin :oops:
Lowering the tyre pressures can help with traction.

skiddusmarkus

Lowering the tyre pressures gives them a bit more flex and makes them less likely to spin.It will also make the footprint a bit bigger.Just make sure you have a good pump/compressor as mine packed up after I'd reinflated 2 tyres-unfortunately they were both on the N/S so I had to drive with a 15 degree list to starboard for 12miles until I got to a petrol station :lol: .

O

Odin

I spoke to someone about this and he said lifting the rear of the car by
an inch or two would help alot :wink: , I think this is what the whiteline
kit for the rear subframe does if you have it set up best for grip apposed to best handerling:D

rob

Websnowbo

Yep, V's right. The body movment takes up energy, you need to stop the front from lifting and the back from squatting, i.e lift up the rear to put weight on the front.

And yeah, reducing the tyre pressure will give you better traction, but will destroy the beading on ya tyres after a while.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Another option would be to lower the front rather than lift the rear. That would also cut down the amount of air going under the car and hence underbody turbulance/drag.

Question, has anyone actually reduced 60ft times by purely fitting uprated suspension that allows for less front end lift/weight transfer off the line?
I have alot of lift, but can still do a 1.832s 60ft with my piddley amount of power.