Car won`t start

H

Hedlund

I have the car in workshop after a brake in. But before that the car didn`t start so I had a guy come and over and chk the problem, he told me that the fuel pump didn`t get any power, I changed the fuse and some other stuff... car still won`t start, after a while I decided to buy a new fuel pump. I went to a company in Sweden (where I live) called Turbo Center. The man their gave me a pump from a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, I don`t know the my for that but he said this pump is a direct fit for the pulsar gti r.
Sometimes after a while, if you are lucky, the car starts but dies after approx 3seconds.....and then it wont start again =(
After placing the pump at its place, guess what!??

the goddamn car still dont start..

Does anybody got a good idea for what I can do?? I have ran out of ideas..

GINGA

Try doing a fault code test (see top of page :wink: ) and see what it comes back with :?:
You only get power to the fuel pump for a split second when the ignition is turned on then no power until the engine is running/being cranked.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Can you hear the fuel pump running to prime the system when you turn the ignition on?

I'd suggest you check your eccs relay and fuel pump relays, cos if either of them aren't working you won't start.

I'm not sure whether the Subaru pump is ok or not. Anyone???

E

Evil_GtiR

I got this same problem too. Had my fuel pump changed brand new 4 times!!! HAd the last three pumps changed within a fortnight! I got no idea what's wrong with it because I got my warranty company to sort it out with the mechanics. There wasnt any voltage fluctuations or anything. I thought maybe it's just pure bad luck