carbon bonnet

chadboy

ive been lookin for a carbon bonnet, how many people would be interesded in a group buy? :)
retail price is £528 plus p&p, i ask about a group buy. if we buy 5 bonnets they would knock off £100 total and they said free p&p but i guess thats to 1 address?
if i know how many people is interesded i'll know how many bonnets we need & i'll ask for BIGGER discount plus a better deal:!:
the side vents would be extra, the retail price for the pair is £150 i think? so plz add if u want
ill try to find out if u can pay direct to the suppliers
thanx chadboy :)

bracpan

Also ask how heavy they are? As I know that some were heavier than the G/F ones I made, thats not good for Carbon Fibre... if its real carbon fibre that is. :? plus they are around £700 OUCH!! Just saying be aware lads.

Cheers

Phil 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
bracpan said:
Also ask how heavy they are? As I know that some were heavier than the G/F ones I made, thats not good for Carbon Fibre... if its real carbon fibre that is. :? plus they are around £700 OUCH!! Just saying be aware lads.

Cheers

Phil 8)
As a comparison, if it's not a CFX one, then the CFX one weighs about 6.5kg.

chadboy

they are cfx ones, i emailed carbon goodies 1st for the price but onces i know how many would be interesded i'll email others companys.
chadboy

paz

chadboy said:
they are cfx ones, i emailed carbon goodies 1st for the price but onces i know how many would be interesded i'll email others companys.
chadboy
They gave us a bit of trouble last time we did a group buy - just so you know. It went on over a year :(

Paz

bracpan

I have just finished a mould of a flat bonnet, will have the first example done soon. Just making a stand to hold the mould. I cant fit it on my car as the regs will not alow so will be selling it to the first interested person.
Will keep you informed.
Cheers
Phil 8)

G

GTiRsalter

I wonder if the cfx ones still come out of the mould twisted and sit high on the drivers side when fitted.