Cat

GTIR1000

tokk mt cat of at weekend to find it was hollow what is going on thought they were meant to have stuff in them

antgtir

GTIR1000 said:
tokk mt cat of at weekend to find it was hollow what is going on thought they were meant to have stuff in them
Lol, someones probably had a bit of a poke around in there to make it effectively a straight thro pipe. Your still better off without it.

What year is your car as you are required to have one on by law for cars after 92. Ive taken mine off (94 model) but i have to put it back on for the mot as it doesn't pass the emisions :roll:

antgtir

GTIR1000 said:
Lol, someones probably had a bit of a poke around in there and got rid of all the insides to it, to make it effectively a straight thro pipe. Your still better off without it.

What year is your car as you are required to have one on by law for cars after 92. Ive taken mine off (94 model) but i have to put it back on for the mot as it doesn't pass the emisions :roll:

GTIR1000

lol its a h reg so its ok i looked in completey hollow that is why my exhaust sounds very different i think, i was very surprised would putting a decat pipe on be better or would it just be the same

A

Anonymous

GTIR1000 said:
would putting a decat pipe on be better or would it just be the same
would just be the same as you are effectively running with a decat pipe now :D

youngsyp

oap-r said:
GTIR1000 said:
would putting a decat pipe on be better or would it just be the same
would just be the same as you are effectively running with a decat pipe now :D
This is a bit nit picky really but, if the cat is completely hollowed out, this will give a space for the exhaust gas to expand and cool. This will slow down gas flow out of the engine and therefore reduce power etc... Put a piece of straight through pipe, the same diameter as the rest of the exhaust, in it's place for the best solution. You may even notice more urge, you may not !