Ceramic or Organic

P

pushermanR

What should i fit Helix Ceramic or Organic...the car is not used for work journeys... just thrashing at weekends and on nice little evenings...and they odd 1/4 mile event....

A

Anonymous

Organic disks don't like being launched, but are very streetable. To be honest a decent paddle clutch like the SPEC doesn't mind being launched and isn't really any different to drive in traffic compared to an uprated organic one.

People on here are raving about the RPS Max Street organic and are using it with great success. If you read on the Silvia forums though you'll see people have had problems with the pressure plate having so much clamping force that it's worn thrust bearings and lead to crank walk!

I've got a HKS clutch in my R at the moment and it's pretty crap. The pedal is heavy, it's got a sharp engaugement, and it slips on hard gear changes after only 6000 miles. When I have the money I'm going to replace it with a SPEC Stage 3 (4 puck paddle) and see if it performs as well in the R as it does in the MR2. The same clutch in the MR2 has been great with no reported problems and even on a highly modified car managed to last 2 years with over 120+ 1/4 mile runs, hundreds of dyno pulls and still used as a daily driver!