changed brakes . and

S

Sy.

changed brakes and found more spacers then i could throw a stick at .
The guy doing it with me wanted to know what the torque i should have on the wheels so i dont warp the disc's ? Anyone know ?

skiddusmarkus

FT.I just do it as tight as I can by hand and then a little step on the wheel brace to make sure it's secure.For locknuts I just do it sllightly less than FT.

S

Sy.

thats what i have always done but he just wanted to know incase the disc's got out of shape.

hmmm

I was just about to ask the exact same question :D

So you just do it has tight as you can? Or can anyone be a bit more specific :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: ...

hmmm said:
I was just about to ask the exact same question :D

So you just do it has tight as you can? Or can anyone be a bit more specific :wink:
Check the post above yours :p (72-87lbft)

J

jasegould

98 -118 Nm...i know coz i just torqued up Hmmmm's wheels
jay

daz

can some explain to me PLEASE how you can warp the discs tightening the wheel nuts as the disc sits on a flat hub........... WHERES IT GONNA GO!!!!!!!! tell you what be carefull when you go round corners you may bend them even more FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daz

and b4 people start yes fair enough torque settings are important on wheels. however its heat that warps discs not over tightening of the wheels :lol:

S

Sy.

as my wheels are on spacers, when the disc's warm up they must have got out of shape from different pressures from the wheel nuts etc

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Discs normally warp by overheating the brakes and then sitting in traffic with your foot on the brake or leaving the hand brake on after a hard run. The discs cool down again but your pads and caliper are still hot. They warp the disc by heating it in only one point.

Jim