CHEAPEST AND SAFEST WAY TO 300BHP?

W

WRW76

I am getting a pulsar gtir in a few weeks time(leaves japan on the 10th) and its meant to be pretty much standard.what would be the safest and cheapest way to acheive the magical 300 mark? i had a starlet gt turbo that i got to around 280bhp and then i ran out of options for tuning so i decided to go for the next step up,a gtir! any help would be appreciated.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Requirements...
:arrow: Filter
:arrow: Exhaust
:arrow: BOV
:arrow: S45i Plugs or similar
:arrow: Boost Control for 1bar - Daws Device or similar will be fine for 1bar
:arrow: Mild fueling adjustment may be required via fuel controller but probably not
:arrow: Walbro Fuel pump might be a good idea too
:arrow: Uprated Clutch!

Also think about...
:arrow: Brakes + Pads
:arrow: Suspension

mattygti-r

cheapest bleedvalve instead of boost controller however 300bhp

clutch uprated
exhuast mongoose de cat
boost controller/bleed vlave
boost guage / pod --to monitor uprated boost
fuel computer to sort out fuelling DET / piggy back ECU
Induction kit

8)

mattygti-r

also as stated totally fogot lol

bov maybe idea if you want a noise
uprate the plugs thou depends what yovue in the car but would change them, personally dont think denso "hks" are any good get NGKs for £35

uprate ur pads,/discs /hoses if possible

do the fuel pump cos the standard one is shite :(

M

mozza

Just dont go down the route of the must have Front mount intercooler route.....as for 300hp (1.1-1.2bar'ish), the standard top mount is more than up to the job for that power IMO.

Dawes device ive heard is a good option if you havent got the cash, just means you cant adjust boost within the car but perfectly safe!

If you want a cheap HKS -SAFR then I have one for sale :wink: (fuel computer)) :lol:

A

Anonymous

kieron said:
Number 1 lesson. :roll:

theres no cheap ways to do things safe :wink:
That is so true

Cheap ways all work out to be the most expensive ways in the long run.

Keira

exactly :wink:

do it properly and do it once,

got plenty of more cliches so keep agreeing with me :lol:

kyepan

Look at the tuning faq section - salvation lies within.

You don't need to brake the bank doing things the safe way, just as long as you read up and do most things yourself.

On the intercooler thingy.. the R intercooler is better designed than most of the after marked ones you can buy.. its just in the wrong place.

I would reccomend
uprated willwood brakes £450 totally essential,
Bump steer kit £120 sorts out understeer. you will need tracking done after
Clutch £ 330 plus fitting helix organic, fitting about £220 from olly or mike
Dawesdevice £40
Unichip £ 150 second hand plus a session on the rolling road to map it and set the dawes device, is better than fuel computer and more tunable to your car
Fuel pump £ 80 ish
Induction £ plenty of after market hks mushrooms about for £50 i'll sell u one
Exaust £300

you can fit the brakes, fuel pump, induction and exaust yourself, without much technical knowledge.

rolling road £70 per hour plus vat.

you will have 300bhp out of that lot no probs

JIMMYBACK

kyepan said:

You don't need to brake the bank doing things the safe way, just as long as you read up and do most things yourself.

On the intercooler thingy.. the R intercooler is better designed than most of the after marked ones you can buy.. its just in the wrong place.

I would reccomend
Dawesdevice £40
Unichip £ 150 second hand plus a session on the rolling road to map it and set the dawes device, is better than fuel computer and more tunable to your car
Fuel pump £ 80 ish
Exaust £300

you can fit the brakes, fuel pump, induction and exaust yourself, without much technical knowledge.

listen to this man hes knows wot he is talking about :wink:

Davey

On the intercooler thingy.. the R intercooler is better designed than most of the after marked ones you can buy.. its just in the wrong place
Thats because most people buy the wrong ones/cheapest. :wink:
I was dead against frount mounts, and said i'd never get one, till mikey got his, i bought one about a week later. :D

Davey

lol, not much :?
Did feel like it had more torque though, and sorted the heatsoak problem (think mine did suffer more than most though TBH)

W

WRW76

kyepan said:

I would reccomend
Dawesdevice £40
Fuel pump £ 80 ish
Exaust £300

thanks,unfortunately where i live is as far away from mainland uk as you can get without leaving the uk(shetland)and it costs £200 to get me and a car out of the island so i think that it will be a long and tedious upgrade.it took me 2 years and £6000 in parts to get the starlet up to 280 bhp.