chirping sound

A

Anonymous

can any one tell my what causes the chirping sound when i come of the throttle? its like the sound rally cars make! i dont have a dumpvalve so i dont know what it is.ps what kinda sounds does a sequential blow of vale make?

Keira

But you do have a dumpvalve. :)

Nissan decided to put a recirculating jobbie on the 'r' so you may be hearing that do it's funky little thing.

You may be hearing boost whistling back through the turbo..

If you look sort of down at the top rhs of the intercooler you should see the dump valve. There is a rubber hose sort of behind and below the top rhs intercooler hose, this comes off of the plenum to the bottom of the recirculating dumpvalve, a hks ssqv is a big silver thing, you couldn't miss it.

You may have got lucky and ended up getting a complete manifold, hybrid turbo, external waste gated beast but i doubt it :lol:

LeeSmith

here is my hks ssqv - your right u can't miss it:

it makes different noises, it depends on how quickly u take your foot off the accelerator - it can chirp or sneeze(??? couldn't think of another way to explain it!). You can adjust it too.

G

gotoinstant-redline

on my R befor ei had a dv i could hear the stock dv dumping sometimes.. also its poss that you can hear the waste gate from the turbo working.

are you running stock boost? doesnt sound like anything to worry about.

L.

A

Anonymous

1bar boost, what sound does the hks sqv make?i dont have one its just i am interested in getting one :)

G

gotoinstant-redline

high pitched, high speed air rushing noise i spose. bout the best explanation i can give..
its one of the loudest dv's out there. but its very high pitched.. not to every ones taste.

L.

A

Anonymous

cheers im really after that sound rally cars make you know its like it whistles "sort of" :?

J

jasegould

If youve got a sports filter youll be able to hear the recirc valve alot more

G

gotoinstant-redline

in that case you prolly want an external waste gate :)
that makes the chiping sound that you hear on rally cars. plus that have antilag that helps to add to the effect.
not sure what sort of dv the rally boys use.

L.

cherry1809

I think it is just the wastegate as i have no dump valve on my CA18DET and it makes the same noise,made louder by the fact that i now have no AFM so the sound is less baffled by all the gubbins. :wink:

P

pschurr

If we're talking about WRC? they don't run any dumpvalve.

But they they rebuild the turbo for each round (due to antilag system moreso than constant pressure waves back through the barstard).

peter