Chocolate Gearbox again...

LeeSmith

This time it's 4th gear again!!

I was driving like miss daisey (I have been for a while now, trying to save fuel) and I shifted into 4th and it drives normal, but it makes a knocking sound....But I found out it only does it under load....

If u shift into 4th and let it roll by itself it's fine, but as soon as you put your foot on the accelerator a litlle bit it starts to knock...

This only happens in 4th every other gear is perfectly fine......

Any Ideas???

A

Anonymous

Gearbox's

jus trying to rebuilding my ride after she blu up (only a little) and gonna build up to 500ponies any idea what the best gearbox to use??? :wink:

LeeSmith

turblio said:
Gearbox motion shaft bearings/main sounds possible
Hi, Cheers for the responce :wink: Is this a difficult job? Costly??

mattygti-r said:
wtf ? thought the box was replaced TWICE? :oops:
Hello mate!! The box has been in for repair 3 times now....I'm not going to mention who by....but u can believe I am never going there again...I'm sooooooo fed up with them!

There are only so many "Honest" mistakes a garage can make......

MarkTurbo

Lee, you dont have much luck with gearboxes do you :lol:

I've broken 2 in 2 years and i'll be keeping a spare one in my shed when my car is back on the road ready for the next breakage :wink: :lol: :lol:

LeeSmith

HAHA!! no unfortunatly.......

Personally i think it's the company I been using to get the work done...
Cos regardless of the Gearbox having work done on it, it has had problems as soon as it's out of their workshop...Here's a couple....:

Gearbox rebuild 1 :cry: : Picked car up, after they had "road tested it and everything is perfect" pulled off the forecourt, black smoke pouring out the back of the car and misfiring like a MOFO wouldn't go above 2000RM... took it back and they opened the bonnet whilst I was stood there and I noticed my perfect condtioned top mount has loads of fins bent to buggerie...They took it away and claimed ignorance to it...

Gearbox Rebuild 2 :cry: :Cars performance has been lost, now feels dead slow, Was quick as hell when I had it before...Dumpvalve not making anysound.....black smoke again.....took it back and apparantly some "pipes" were the wrong way around.....Still lost all tuning setup of car though...god knows how...Also I have a dent in my bonnet from the inside out...and a scratch on the Strut - looks like they left a ratchet or something on their and slammed the bonnet shut.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence.....Not going there again...

turblio

B*stards when are they gonna learn that the better service and care they
offer, will get them a better name I would think far more of a company if
they said to me sorry we have damaged your bonnet etc and actually owned up, my car has been with Nisstek for a while now I was going through what I was having done there and remembered that an engine
stay bolt had a damaged thread so I rang Peter and half way through me telling him he said dont worry we have already repaired that! so thumbs up to them :) and he also talked me out of spending more money on a
product he could of supplied by saying you don't really need it , so again
thumbs up and fair play to them, and in doing that they may get another
big spec engine rebuild out of one of my mates, so customer care does work :wink:
Frank

LeeSmith

It certainly does mate..

I don't give second chances anymore...The first time a garage has pi55ed me off, I never go back there again. Even now - The Gearbox is probably still under their warranty, but Just because of the past, I'd rather pay someone else to do a proper job, do it myslef or buy a new Gearbox....

What is going on with Tuners lately?????

Most of them have lost the passion & don't give a fcuk anymore.....

M

memski

LeeSmith said:
HAHA!! no unfortunatly.......

Personally i think it's the company I been using to get the work done...
Cos regardless of the Gearbox having work done on it, it has had problems as soon as it's out of their workshop...Here's a couple....:

Gearbox rebuild 1 :cry: : Picked car up, after they had "road tested it and everything is perfect" pulled off the forecourt, black smoke pouring out the back of the car and misfiring like a MOFO wouldn't go above 2000RM... took it back and they opened the bonnet whilst I was stood there and I noticed my perfect condtioned top mount has loads of fins bent to buggerie...They took it away and claimed ignorance to it...

Gearbox Rebuild 2 :cry: :Cars performance has been lost, now feels dead slow, Was quick as hell when I had it before...Dumpvalve not making anysound.....black smoke again.....took it back and apparantly some "pipes" were the wrong way around.....Still lost all tuning setup of car though...god knows how...Also I have a dent in my bonnet from the inside out...and a scratch on the Strut - looks like they left a ratchet or something on their and slammed the bonnet shut.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence.....Not going there again...
Fucking hell, is this a big name company that other people use on the board? :shock:

LeeSmith

memski said:
f***ing hell, is this a big name company that other people use on the board? :shock:
Yes, I believe it is mate....They have screwed a couple of other cars I know about too...Pity we can't have a name and shame forum....with our good and bad experiences....

I'd love to know what people think of certain Garages, So I could make my mind up based on reputation rather than learn the hard way as I seen to keep doing, and it's starting to get too expensive......