clicking noise from the clutch pedal

Fire & skill

Vintage member
clicking noise from the clutch pedal - has done this twice, on both occasions just after starting it up from cold :cry: if i depress the clutch pedal it goes away and all is fine. anyone know what could be causing this? its a click click click noise, sounds almost like an indicator flasher relay (intermittent).

K

kizzyturbo4x4

from the pedal itself?
find yourself a box of lubespray and give it some ;)
theres a retainer spring amongst other moving parts down there you could smoothen up abit.
or in worst case, its on its way to crack... are you running uprated clutch?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
its not that mate - this is when ive started the car but not even put my foot on the clutch pedal. i turn it over and straight away i hear it clicking, it sounds like an intermittent click - like a flasher relay. if i just tap the clutch pedal it goes away. oh bugger it! i'll try to film it and post it up, its kind of difficult to explain :(

antgtir

The withdrawel lever isn't touching and vibrating against the slave cylinder onthe clutch setup. This can be found on top of gearbox.

I know mine does this sometimes which is a rattling effect nothing serious but just very annoying lol, may stick a bit of rubber to the lever to cushion the sound lol.

Ant.