Clifford Intellistart

hmmm

Hi,

I have a Clifford alarm in my car and just wanted to know how much it would cost to get the Intellistart feature fitted. Just thought I'd get rough price figure here to ensure I'm not scammed.

p.s any places you guys recommend to get this fitted.

Mr GTiR

From what i understand it makes a car's alarm system easier to bypass and start the car i.e. easier to steal

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
From what i understand it makes a car's alarm system easier to bypass and start the car i.e. easier to steal
The intellistart feature is basically a little "black Box" thats wired in directly to the main Clifford alarm brain (another bigger Black box), all this is a huge mass of wires and if installed in the same place as mine, was installed by removing the dashboard and cable tieing the boxes and wires to the cross member under the dash. So, if it does make it easier I'm not sure how, as the dashboard would have to be removed just to gain access to any wires. Pretty secure I'd say.

Mr GTiR

stevepudney said:
if it does make it easier I'm not sure how, as the dashboard would have to be removed just to gain access to any wires. Pretty secure I'd say.
I agree with you Steve but remember not ALL Cliffords are fitted correctly. Most fitters get half a day to fit an alarm and most fitters will just stick it somwhere which is easy to get to.

My alarm took a weekend to do by my mate as we removed the dash to fit my Clifford.

An alarm is only as good as the fitter.

T

Toady

hmmm- i had that alarm fitted as when i bought the car it has an ancient thing on it!lol! the guy who fitted it said i could have had the intellistart put on for about another 100 quid. Its a concept 600 btw incase you didnt know! 8)

J

jiw

Cliffords hmmm, they say the roaming system for the remote frequency which is used to start the car has around a million different frequencys....

Strange that my mate parked next to another mate and was able to start both cars with one remote :lol:

Bit of a coincidence :p