Clubs new rules

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I can't see any other thread about this so I thought I'd post up. I've just been through a few forums after the weekend and have noticed how with all things in life, when money gets involved it only causes problems. This forum moving to paid memebership caused a lot of problems but the advantage is we don't need affiliates selling their wares to keep things alive. Though I'm generally moderate I was thinking that we need to ban the sale of parts by professionals on this forum or it will quickly degrade again.

I use "professionals" to support my work on the Sunny and I don't do everything myself. There are a few trusted individuals I use and they like us get their information from forums about problems with cars. Its right that any individual can come on here, as an individual, to understand our problems and help others with theirs. That's where it ends.
Modeerators, admins etc don't get paid for this, members (inclusivley) pay for the forum and have pumped money into the club to try and move things forward with varying levels of success. In a not for profit organisation, we have to remain exactly that.

The forum was originally setup to bring in better regulation of the memebrs as that was what was felt to be ruining the original club. The idea of paid membership though divided the users and a lot of good memebers voted with their feet. The same is happening again.

I believe Rishi has made a stand in introducing the rules (were they always there before but just not as clear?) and I support people who try to enforce them, even if I get moderated myself.

Comments
Jim

Edited to remove the spelling reference, I was more interested in people's opinons and ideas about what the issues might be and if there are any, how we should deal with them. Rishi has made a stand by re-stating the existing rules I'm assuming as a pre-text to enforcing them more strictly

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
campbellju said:
I can't see any other thread about this so I thought I'd post up. I've just been through a few forums after the weekend and have noticed how with all things in life, when money gets involved it only causes problems. This forum moving to paid memebership caused a lot of problems but the advantage is we don't need affiliates selling their wares to keep things alive. Though I'm generally moderate I was thinking that we need to ban the sale of parts by professionals on this forum or it will quickly degrade again.

I use "professionals" to support my work on the Sunny and I don't do everything myself. There are a few trusted individuals I use and they like us get their information from forums about problems with cars. Its right that any individual can come on here, as an individual, to understand our problems and help others with theirs. That's where it ends.
Modeerators, admins etc don't get paid for this, members (inclusivley) pay for the forum and have pumped money into the club to try and move things forward with varying levels of success. In a not for profit organisation, we have to remain exactly that.

The forum was originally setup to bring in better regulation of the memebrs as that was what was felt to be ruining the original club. The idea of paid membership though divided the users and I lot of good memebers voted with their feet. The same is happening again.

I believe Rishi has made a stand in introducing the rules (were they always there before but just not as clear?) and I support people who try to enforce them, even if I get moderated myself (There's only one "n" in tuner ;-) :-D ).

Comments
Jim
They were always there... Just old and mixed up with a million other stickies which i have been deleting... Still a few more to get through...

Its also to make people more aware. The Mods/Admin team will be enforcing these rules. Now that they are clear and easier for all to see it should be easier...

There are a few other things in there that i have take a sharper action to which will come to light to more off the community over the next few days...

Yes i'll go correct the spelling...:p

Rishi

geetee

RishiGTiR said:
They were always there... Just old and mixed up with a million other stickies which i have been deleting... Still a few more to get through...

Its also to make people more aware. The Mods/Admin team will be enforcing these rules. Now that they are clear and easier for all to see it should be easier...

There are a few other things in there that i have take a sharper action to which will come to light to more off the community over the next few days...

Yes i'll go correct the spelling...:p

Rishi
Correcting spelling? Are you qualified?

It's also.... not Its also
... I have taken a sharper..... not i have take a sharper....
Yes I'll not Yes i'll

Only being picky :) Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Graham

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
edited as my original post was just meant to be supporting rather than picking fault in spelling.