clunking noise when driving

abyss

I Have posted before about it, It happens when driving but i get a different noise under braking disc's are fine i have replaced the drivers side driveshaft have also new steering gaitors etc. Im stuck as to what it is really annoying. Im going to replace front shock it is coming from the driver side. Does anyone have any suggestions. Brakes pads are on the thin side and need replacing.

O

Odin

You could have a look at the front susp top mounts :wink: , or the front wishbone bushes and balljoints.

Rob

J

jiw

Sorry the shaft never solved your problems matey, try the ARB bushes and the drop links for play etc, you could try removing the front ARB and see if the noise persists...

abyss

all trial and error but i will get it just starting to piss me off going to replace the front shock see if that does any good.

P

pyrotecnic

mine has the same problem. I have now found it to be the anti roll bar bushes worn and need replacing. Check them out for wear.

Jono

Dooie Pop Pop

mine has similar problem, arb bushes are new though :lol:

put your hand on top of the strut you suspect to be knocking and push the car down, you' ll feel it clunk :wink: