Clutch Ajustment

richardspeed

I had a problem with the pedal box, which I was able to sort, then the pin which pivots the clutch pedal came out, which I also sorted. When I took the car out for a spin, it was difficult to get gears, and it crunches in reverse.

P

pulsarboby

try adjusting the pedal height from the bolt mounted on pedal box, raise the pedal so you get more travel

deni5co

Clutch Failure - BIG TIME!!!!!!

JUST HAD TOTAL CLUTCH FAILURE DUE TO RELEASE FORK FAILING AT BALL PIVOT AND FOUND
UPPER U SECTION CRACKED THROUGH. DONE 20,000 MLS ON NEW HELIX UNIT, SHOULD HAVE
FITTED NEW FORK WITH NEW CLUTCH. CAR HAD 60,000 MLS ON IT WHEN CLUTCH CHANGED,
THOUGHT IT WAS FINE! :oops: :doh: BE WARNED! WISH I NEW AN EASY WAY TO REPLACE IT. ANYBODY
HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?

antgtir

deni5co said:
JUST HAD TOTAL CLUTCH FAILURE DUE TO RELEASE FORK FAILING AT BALL PIVOT AND FOUND
UPPER U SECTION CRACKED THROUGH. DONE 20,000 MLS ON NEW HELIX UNIT, SHOULD HAVE
FITTED NEW FORK WITH NEW CLUTCH. CAR HAD 60,000 MLS ON IT WHEN CLUTCH CHANGED,
THOUGHT IT WAS FINE! :oops: :doh: BE WARNED! WISH I NEW AN EASY WAY TO REPLACE IT. ANYBODY
HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?
Yes and i think its quite common, maybe not on a standard clutch but with the uprated clutches we all are using its something that happens on a regular basis unfortunately.

Mine snapped in two basically and the clutch slave cylinder piston pushed all the way out, clutch fluid all over the road:roll:

Mr RAC took me home in the end, again :lol:

Chin up mate you will sort it, we all do.

Ant.

deni5co

Me too Ant, only I drove it home with no clutch, such fun I nearly wet myself! I am considering cutting an access hole in the bottom of the bell housing and fitting the fork upwards if there is enough clearance for it to pass between the pivot, the clutch cover and the release bearing boss, then plate the hole with screws! Im a mad engineer you know, I also fantasise a bit!