Clutch fork/arm problem!!

Tony

Had a bit of a problem this weekend!

When i pressed the clutch pedal down it wouldnt come out of gear!!!

I had to get it towed home and upon closer inspection the slave cylinder had popped out and wedged the clutch fork/arm in the disengage position!!!

I took the slave off, cleaned the piston up and checked the seals! but when i put it back on and nipped it all up it seemed that the fork/arm was about an inch too high out of the hole and half an inch down causing it to trap the rubber boot!!!!

I`m in the process of dropping the engine but thort i`d try and see if any of you guys could give me sum possibilities???????

cheers!!

Tony....

K

kizzyturbo4x4

probably the slave sylinder /clutcharm has diengaged from your release bearing.
and yes you will have to take the box of your engine.
rember to ALLWAYS replace the release bearing when the box is of. :p

O

one Gti-R

also the pivot on the other end might have broken through,

real pain in the ass if that has happened, your better off dropping the engine and having a good look.

there is also a nut that you can adjust aswell its a 17mm, you will need an open spanner but that adjusts the forks position a little.

as another quick fix you might also get a longer bit of metal to swap for the standard item will give a little more lenght at the slave end, you can actuall get one about an inch longer in there, it will give the fork more throw so you should be able to engage and disengage the gears a little better.

zia

take the rubber boot off and have look behind the fork should have clip on it? if it broken the the fork will flap about and you,ll have dismantle to fit new one

zia

Tony

Cheers guys!!!!!

Got the engine out and box off yesterday and the release bearing has gone! the fork pivot has snapped and so has the little spring!!!!

Only gonna cost £40 to fix it!!!! not bad from nissan!!!!

Pivot - £6.09 Number N3053703E00
Spring - £1.42 Number N3053403E00
Bearing - £23.60 Number N305021W720
Seal kit - £4.16 Number N3062216E25

I`ve emery`d the slave piston and got a new seal kit to get me by til i buy a new slave nxt month!!!

one Gti-R------ is it the pivot you are on about adjusting???? will it not work loose????!!!!!????

Never replaced the bearing last time i had it out :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tony....

O

one Gti-R

Tony said:
one Gti-R------ is it the pivot you are on about adjusting???? will it not work loose????!!!!!????
Tony,

it will work loose however there is a slight adjustment that can be made that will give the flrok a few extra mm of throw.

in some cases just enough to allow the engaging and disengaging of gears.

MarkTurbo

one Gti-R said:
Tony said:
Tony,

it will work loose however there is a slight adjustment that can be made that will give the flrok a few extra mm of throw.

in some cases just enough to allow the engaging and disengaging of gears.
:shock: That pivot should be done up tight. Its not meant for adjusting the clutch. Thats what the adjusting rod on the clutch pedal is for :wink:

O

Olly

never ever had to adjust that pivot, all my adjustments are done on the pedal master cylinder rod. But i see his point just wouldn't bother, all the clutch's over here fit well and operate good after adjustment. 8)

O

one Gti-R

I know its ment to be done up tight, but if your stuck and you need an few extra mm of throw that where to get it.

I don't recommend driving with it like that for a long time, its just a temp fix to get you home or to the mechanics.

Do that drive yourself. it won't do major damage but will save you the towing cost.

make sure you retighted it after aswell...... :wink:

Tony

Cheers guys, your help is mucho appreciated!!!!

Now if anybody thinks they can get the box on quicker than me feel free to pop round and i`ll time ya!!!!

not that its the worst job of all or anything!!!! :evil:

I`ve made up some short pieces of studding to guide the box on!! but i dont know if it will work??? last time i had to put it on at an angle before it dropped on!!!!

any secret to it???? :?:

Tony....