Clutch/gear selection Problems

M

michaelhall40

Hi guys, gear selection seems fine until either accelerating heavily, or especially when downshifting at junctions e.t.c, where double clutching is neccesary :cry: . The clutch also seem at times to not dispell fully.

When i double clutch goes into gear no problem, therefore i am guessing it is at the hydraulic side of the clutch, could it be the slave cylinder?

I replaced master cylinder 3 months ago after total failiure, and gearbox oil last week. Blead clutch today but to no avail :!:

Cheers

O

Olly

Check under the dirt boot on the slave cylinder for fluid leakage, is your pedal adjusted right after the master cylinder was replaced???????? How much freeplay is there at the top of the clutch pedal? 8)

M

michaelhall40

pedal was not adjusted after master cylinder was fitted, but worked fine. Problem has occured over last week. Car has ap paddle clutch so biting point very low and small, slight movement/play at top of peddle. Bleed system today and b/luid dark.

Is these symptons normally associated with slave cylinder?

mattygti-r

oh dear i had the same problem

and make it worse i too had the ap paddle clutch

olly had to weld my peddle bracket back :cry:

it just snapped

G

gav

Same here on mine. Had to take it all apart and have the pedal cage re welded. Thats what them clutch support brackets on e bay help to eliminate. Worth a tenner for all the agro. :x

mattygti-r

gav said:
Same here on mine. Had to take it all apart and have the pedal cage re welded. Thats what them clutch support brackets on e bay help to eliminate. Worth a tenner for all the agro. :x
yep they are they are sold by Steve Pudney on this forum

well worth £10

and id get one even if you have rewelded the bracket

i had the same with my AP clutch

thou i was lucky it snapped on my drive :D