clutch help

S

stuartjeeves

can any one sugest wot is wrong with my car the clutch pedal has hardley any bite about an inch from the floor it seemes fine when cold, im not appearing to be loseing any fluid ive checked in the reservoir and its a browny colour(is this right). occasionly the pedal sticks down and i have to realease it with me toe, ive tried adjusting the pedal but can not find the lock nut which you are supposed to undo if any ones got picture(would be handy) sorry im not a mechanic just a speed junkie :shock: and i want my pulsar 4 a fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

J

justin666

Did you check for any leaks out of the slave cylinder..??? Its on the front of the block towards the right hand side as you look at it.. My clutch pedal used to stick down when my slave cylinder gave up the ghost. Plus, if it is leakin its a relatively cheap and easy fix :D

J..

S

stuartjeeves

clutch again

i have checked the slave cylinder and it doesn`t seem to be leaking could it still be shagged i am completely confused :!:

Has the car just had a new clutch fitted? if so the pedal adjustment may be out... check it anyway.

If not, the clutch pedal bracket may be coming off the firewall... it's a common problem where the welds break under the strain of an uprated clutch.. there's better explanations on here somewhere...

Maybe not the problem but hope that helps.

G

GartracS2

Yes the clutches on Terranos have to be set at 210-220 mm from melt sheet to bottom of pedal.

Pull the carpet back and measure the distance from the melt sheet to the pedal base (bottom of rubber )

slacken lock nut and wind out fully the free play adjuster and then:-

loosen pushrod on master cylinder, knock out the clevis pin and wind out to bring pushrod out more.

The problem is that Nissans use a return spring that acts also as an assist spring if set wrong it is permanently on its natural pivoting fulcrum.

This is if nothing else is wrong.

If you need the clutch pedal height ring me at work tomorrow on 01942 820 233 - Chorley Nissan