clutch life

S

si.c R

Went out for a quick saturday night blast in my car :D and noticed that when i first used full boost it seemed that the clutch slipped a bit. This is a worry as i only had a new Helix organic clutch fitted earlier this year. It didnt seem to happen again and i did drive it hard up hills which is when the old clutch used to slip most. I'm also only running standard boost but with a few basic mods and would have thought that on standard boost an uprated clutch should last alot longer than approx 9 months :shock:

J

J-GTi-R

Yep, it should last more than 9 months considering I got a standard clutch to last more than 3 years. I've just had the Helix put in and I have noticed it's a bit odd with the way it changes pedal feel with different driving conditions. I'm sure I've had mine slip, even though mine's only a month old, but normally it grips fantastically hard.

M

memski

Have had my helix clutch for 18months now and the only time it slips is when I use launch control and the power comes in rapidly at a standstill. My car is putting out over 300....

M

Mr Overboooost

someone correct me if i am wrong but you have probably got the old style helix clutch which is rated to 280ftlbs and not 320 like the new style.

cheers
gary