Clutch master change.......

S

seven

Going to try and doing this soom and have searcg on her and found a couple of guides.

Couple of questions.

1, How 'do-able' is this for some one with limited knowledge of cars (but willing to give it a go)?

2, Can someone who has done the job give me a list of all the tools I will need to carry out the change (dont want to get stuck halfway through!)

Thanks in advance.

P

pulsarboby

its a doddle matey, you can see what size spanners you need by the s/h unit i sold you.
just be carefull and make sure you use the correct size spanner especially on the brake pipes (ideally a proper brake pipe spanner) going too the master cylinder. and be carefull not to put the unions in cross threaded or it will leak like a civ and will muller the cylinder.

once its all connected up, just bleed clutch through slave cylinder, which is located on top front of gearbox as you look at car from front.
there is a bleed nipple on it, just bleed it the same as you would with brakes and away you go!

just out of curiosity have you sent the brake m/s on yet, as he pm'ed me as he still hasnt recieved it!

S

seven

Cheers Bob, that will come in handy!

I'm 100 % certain he will get the part tomorrow. Soz for the delay.

Ryan