Clutch master Cyclinda (pics added)

Stevo

Ive tried searching for old post b ut cant find the one im after.
basically my pedal does creak but it sounds like it comming from the gearbox part were the slave pushes onto?!?!?!?!

How can i tell if my pedal will snap or if its flexing??
Im getting new clutch fitted soon just wanna make sure when its in i wont get another prob, as when i push clutch down in 1st gear and start car it edges forwards, and each gear change is very hard, but no crunching noises :?

M

mercenary

I just had my master cylinder changed and my pedal still creaks a little. I am going to try fitting a clutch pedal bracket, as the clutch pedal box is apparently very flimsy for the standard clutch. Will let you know if this helps.

Stevo

heres sum picks of my pedal, i couldnt hear a clicking sounds or any movement.
i dont know if they help but can anyone see if theres signs of breaking? :oops:

J

jasegould

The bit that breaks is right at the top under the dash. The pedal box is held on by 3 bolts. 2 of these bolts go thru the bulkhead and hold the master cylinder on, the other one goes right at the top and fixes to a bracket that comes vertically down from the bulkhead. It is this bracket that breaks. The best way to see it is to remove the speedo and youll be able to see it really easy.
Its NOT the pedal box that breaks, its the fixing that hold the pedal box. You may not be able to see any damage with the box bolted in as it starts with hairline cracks/fractures aorund the bit that holds the captive nut.
Jay