clutch master cylinder

265bhp gtir

Iv just noticed that the clutch master cylinder is leaking and it looks a bitch to do
Is there an easy way to change it also how much does 1 of them cost

the chief

imho your better of fitting a new one as they are a **** to fit. costs about £75 new. you need to tilt the engine forward to get the space.

Lionel

the chief said:
imho your better of fitting a new one as they are a **** to fit. costs about £75 new. you need to tilt the engine forward to get the space.
All you need to do is pop the top off the inlet manifold and your there no need to tilt the motor at all mate.

GTi-R23

Lionel said:
All you need to do is pop the top off the inlet manifold and your there no need to tilt the motor at all mate.
Agreed, don't need to piss about tilting the engine. Just need small hands and hardy knuckles!

Mr GTiR

the chief said:
you need to tilt the engine forward to get the space.
Lionel said:
Sorry girls, you don't need to do either of them as I changed mine in situ. The only part I took off the car was the upper stuct brace. Me and stumo took 1 1/2hrs to do mine 8)

Helps if you don't have the b4stard brackt (Y) on the back of the engine. If you have it fitted then it will be a long night to do in situ :lol: