clutch noise BUT different sound

Stevo

heres a weird one. :lol:
since having a new clutch i get a creaking noise from the gearbox area not the pedal :p

it only does it when car is warm, and pedal gets a bit stiffer about 20 mins into my journey each morning.

i think it might be the rubber seal over the thrust bearing arm???
ive had a new slave and change fluid the oil is still clear so no contamination.

any ideas??
:cry:

kyepan

Had the same thing on my car.

you need to get some copper slip on the end of a screw driver.. a long one, and prod it down into the clutch housing onto the nut and spring. you will have to pull the clutch boot back, but once its back its easy to see the nut and spring. apply a little splodge and poke it in and around the nut/clutch arm pivot point.. press the pedal a few times, take it round the block, come back put a little more on, press pedal repeatidly.. and it should dissapear in a couple of days as the grease works in.

There is a post about this by Hmmm with pics and vids.

also while your there, check for signs of clutch fluid leaking out of the slave and associated piping. the slave pushes the clutch fork/arm and the pipe that comes from it has a rubber section a bit further up that is prone to rupture.

hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

kyepan

Had the same thing on my car.

you need to get some copper slip on the end of a screw driver.. a long one, and prod it down into the clutch housing onto the nut and spring. you will have to pull the clutch boot back, but once its back its easy to see the nut and spring. apply a little splodge and poke it in and around the nut/clutch arm pivot point.. press the pedal a few times, take it round the block, come back put a little more on, press pedal repeatidly.. and it should dissapear in a couple of days as the grease works in.

There is a post about this by Hmmm with pics and vids.

forget about the slave bit.. as u have changed it ok.

hope this helps, let us know how you get on.