clutch noise

C

clive760

mate of mine has a prob when he pushes clutch in then lets it out it makes a funny noise but if he lets clutch out very slow ther doesnt seem 2 be a noise the noise is like a rummle any ideas :?

A

Anonymous

clive760 said:
mate of mine has a prob when he pushes clutch in then lets it out it makes a funny noise but if he lets clutch out very slow ther doesnt seem 2 be a noise the noise is like a rummle any ideas :?
might be the bearing on the way out if you meant rumble :wink:

C

clive760

oap-r said:
clive760 said:
might be the bearing on the way out if you meant rumble :wink:
cluth & bearing only 5month old

A

Anonymous

clive760 said:
hate to say it but edd and i have both had clutches fail in less time than that :cry:

if the clutch isn't lined up properly it can go in no time or it could be a duff bearing.

C

clive760

oap-r said:
clive760 said:
hate to say it but edd and i have both had clutches fail in less time than that :cry:

if the clutch isn't lined up properly it can go in no time or it could be a duff bearing.
ok mate cheers did u find any mor on runners for corbaeu
seats mate

A

Anonymous

clive760 said:
ok mate cheers did u find any mor on runners for corbaeu
seats mate
i was kinda hoping that someone else was going to confirm if it was cashy.
if you pm me i can give you 1 of his e-mail addresses :wink:

ex-gtir

oap-r said:
clive760 said:

what are you trying to say that edd clutchs werent lined up properly :?

A

Anonymous

ex-gtir said:
what are you trying to say that edd clutchs werent lined up properly :?
not at all :oops: all i meant was that clive's mate's clutch might not have been lined up properly and this could have been only 1 poss cause of an early failure.

think we're all well aware of what caused edd's clutch problems :wink:

O

Olly

If theres a rumble its possible your input shaft bearing is going in the gearbox with clutch pedal up in neutral, normally 1 st and 2 nd get noisey. :shock: cos it chatters away under no load. [/u]